Careers / Office Manager
Responsible for leading the team in providing exceptional patient care to each patient seen at the office while meeting budget and production goals. This position is also responsible for creating a workplace culture consistent with Magnolia’s “say yes” mentality and for driving productive results by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Motivates team members, resolves conflicts, and makes difficult decisions.*
2. Provides team with tools needed to complete tasks using on the job coaching.*
3. Communicates passionately to the team members to achieve peak performance each day.*
4. Facilitates interoffice communication with respectful and constructive problem-solving techniques.*
5. Coaches, supports, and inspires team members to achieve peak performance each day.*
6. Responds quickly, fairly, and professionally to team questions, concerns, and problems.*
7. Communicates with doctor and regional manager of operations continually.*
8. Monitors Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for your practice to meet goals.*
9. Works within budget guidelines to maintain profitability.*
10. Serves as the point person for office management duties, which includes, coordinating team huddles, reviewing practice invoices, scheduling, maintaining patient privacy (HIPPA) and team member safety (OSHA), hiring, training, and/or the coordination of training, coaching new team members, and scheduling department meetings and in-service trainings, such as CPR.*
11. Monitors time clock punches, necessary correction requests, approves vacation, and assists with team members finding coverage with vacation, if necessary.*
12. Recruits and trains new candidates in assigned jobs.*
13. Assists in employee performance evaluation, promotion, termination, and retention activites.*
14. Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of dentistry.*
15. Understands and respects the behavior, attitude, and beliefs of the company’s vision and values.*
16. Completes tasks within given time frames.*
17. Answers questions from patients and team members in a timely manner.*
18. Demonstrates exceptional human relation skills.*
19. Maintains a professional demeanor at all times.*
20. Stays informed of the latest dental services, materials, and high-tech equipment.*
21. Displays working knowledge of dental procedures and terminology.*
22. Demonstrates experience in dental practice operations.*
23. Demonstrates experience with practice management software.*
24. Maintains full schedule.*
25. Schedules providers to production daily.*
26. Manage by walking around.*
Manages subordinate supervisors who supervise employees in the Business Team, Clinical, and Hygiene Departments. (Exact numbers of subordinate supervisors and employees supervised may vary by office.) Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Also directly supervises employees (non-supervisory). Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Sharepoint/Office 365, Paychex and Dentrix Ascend.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
- Lead by example
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- High level of maturity, personal initiative, and sound judgement
- Relationship-building, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Customer service skills
- Ability to communicate with vendors
- Physical Demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.