Tooth Implant Surgery by Magnolia Dental
When it comes to replacing one or more teeth in your mouth, a dental implant is often the treatment of choice and is also one of the most conservative treatments for tooth replacement. Implants are bio-compatible posts that replace the roots of your missing teeth. They are physically and biologically designed to attach to your jaw bone and become the foundation for a natural looking restoration. Your new tooth or teeth will have excellent stability and strength, and will look and feel like your natural teeth.
What Does a Dental Implant Procedure Look Like?
- Implants are prescribed to replace a missing tooth or teeth.
- An implant post is surgically placed into the area where the tooth is missing. In a few months bone will fuse to the implant.
- A customized crown or bridge is permanently cemented to the implant.
- Implants restore the natural beauty, function, and health of teeth.
Why Get a Dental Implant?
- Implants look almost identical to natural teeth
- They preserve the strength and health of your jawbone
- They’re permanently placed in your mouth, unlike dentures
- You can go back to eating your favorite foods and speaking naturally
- Implants cannot form cavities
- They give you a second chance at having a great smile!
How Long Do Dental Implants Last?
Tooth implants are designed as a long-term solution to replace teeth and they are built to last. Despite the possibility of some slight adjustments along the way, many implants last a lifetime, successfully making them one of the best restorative dentistry options.
For more information regarding dental bridges and how to care for them, get in touch with Magnolia Dental today!