If you have tooth pain, there can be a variety of reasons why. For some people, it could be sensitive teeth, sinus issues, colds, or a problem with the jaw. For others, it could be an infected tooth. If the tooth becomes infected, and you don’t get it treated, it could be life-threatening. Infections can spread to the blood or brain causing serious problems. Swelling from infections can also block off your breathing. If you have any kind of tooth pain, it is important to get seen by your dentist as soon as possible, no matter the cause.
Signs That Your Tooth Pain Indicates Something Serious
Some signs that could be a sign of a serious problem include:
- Inflamed gums. If you notice that you have inflamed gums and have pain, you may be suffering from gum disease. You may also be suffering from a tooth infection that has spread to the gums. Make a dental appointment immediately if you notice your gums have become inflamed.
- Loose teeth. If you notice that you have loose teeth, you will want to make sure that you contacted your dentist. Advanced gum disease can cause your teeth to fall out. You will want to get prompt treatment if you notice loose teeth.
- Chipped tooth. A chipped tooth can cause serious problems. Chipped teeth can expose your teeth to more bacteria. In fact, you may find yourself having frequent pain and sensitivity when you have a chipped tooth.
- Pressure. If you feel pressure building in your gums, this is a sign that there is an infection present. It could also be a sign of your wisdom teeth cutting through. To ensure it is not a serious dental problem, you will want to schedule an appointment with your dentist.
- Intense and throbbing pain. If you experience intense throbbing pain, you should take this as a sign you have a serious problem. Intense pain can be a sign that you are fighting off an infection, or that you have an exposed root of your tooth. You need prompt dental treatment.
- Pain even when you are not chewing. If you have pain when you are not chewing, it is a sign that you have a serious issue. It could be something like a sinus infection, but it could also be an indicator that you have an infection. Make an appointment with your dentist to rule out infections, and more.
CALL US TODAY
If you have any pain in your teeth, schedule an appointment with us at Magnolia Dental. We are here to ensure that you have good dental care and are free from infections and other dental issues.